It is tough enough managing, feeding or taking care of good interaction of any growing child at your home when he/she is not fit to sit on normal/ adult dining chairs. Ultimately, there comes a point of urgency of good high chairs for your baby when he/she initiates eating solid food and becomes a part of family dinners. Next, it becomes very convenient for the child and his/her parents. Both can eat food peacefully.
Why need a high chair?
Things might not go very planned in the start due to several reasons but gradually it will. Those several grounds are:
- One fine reason is that it is the start of feeding your child, so it will definitely create a bit of problems like he/she would not like to sit in that chair might feel caged due to the fact that children love open spaces.
- The feeder has to give him/her more of her attention to child and won’t have her food in peace too in the beginning as the child is the learner. The beginners make more disaster, so more of attention to them.
- If the baby has grown up enough then he might stand out and try to do some naughty or even a dangerous act in case if parents forget to become vigilant. So, more care and open eyes are required.
- Initially, while having your meal the floor or surroundings would look untidy because the child would throw food and create mess around.
How a high chair can help your child?
The pioneering reasons were the concerns while the preceding factors would be the plus points of high chairs for babies.
- The will start learning the first basic of the ethics i.e. how to eat properly. Because learning is part of life but learning good and every possible appropriates of life is must too. Consequently, the child will learn the basic teachings from the surroundings and will be suited to call more than a biological man i.e. socialized man.
- When he would learn eating by himself the parents would be more satisfied and contented. Tension would be reduced.
- Eating initially by his own would involve many things like dropping food or squeezing but it will help in developing Fine motor skills i.e. learning holding spoon.
- It will give a chance to your child in identifying the temperature, texture and taste. For example, she/he will learn picking up banana or grapes is better than yogurt or spaghetti.
- Child will learn eating independently which will help a lot in future.
Additionally, when it comes to buying high chairs for your child you may start visiting some online stores or real shops as per your choice and consent, definitely you will find throng of high chairs with different qualities like some may have cushioned seats, natural woods or made of plastics, aluminum or even archaic that would be up to your taste what would you choose taking everything into consideration like the height whether short or tall, material, price and features.
What you must look for in features?
- If it is fold able, reclining or straight backing, changeable heights as per the height of your dining table.
- If it is costly then why? what good qualities it has? The price ranges from $50 to $1350 taking account of its features and qualities.
- the design is must. If you are a more of design person conscious of your home then you must look according to the theme of your dining room i.e. print, paint, material.
- Coming to the main point, how much the chair is comfortable for the child.
Let’s come to know about the features of chairs in detail which will verily confuse you in stores due to its ranges.
Need of a high chair:
Firstly, you have to have a very clear vision about your needs that is what is more probably suitable in your house as per its theme. If you have a substantial living room, then you can have possibly fixed high chair. If it is restricted or confined, then you perhaps buy any of good fold up high chairs.
This fold up high chairs can be used for any purpose anywhere, in fact. some examples maybe a good dinner outdoors, you may sometimes plan for night stays at your relative or friends’ home where you might not find any high chairs, so you can have your portable and fold up space high chair without taking up any space and contributing in a bad view of anyone’s living room.
Can you afford one?
Secondly what comes is you budget. A good high chair with the feature of good wooden material, fold up quality or having any lock, good tray, reclining and cushioned seats will take you more or less depends on the brand.
If you want fancy, then it will cost you more which will be proved very useful for your upcoming children too. while you can find good high chairs on a very low budget too, lucky people.
How does it fit with your interior design?
Thirdly, the theme of your house which would be unquestionably very important angle of consideration for you. If you have very period pieces or classical stuffs, then antiquated wooden chair will be more appropriate for you. In case, you have a modern furniture or home then look for some fancy or simplistic high chairs which work for future too.
Does it match with your kids age?
Furthermore, there are high chairs for different ages of children. when baby turns around three months old or starts eating solid then a reclining chair is better because it can be used for two aims: sleeping and eating.
Next, if you are supposed to buy some fold up high chairs then the two utmost features into account. One is the lock of the chair and second is wheels. These are worth looking features.
Is it really safe for your child?
Later, physical safety of child is important point. Waist belt and five or three-point harness is must in the high chair s baby can stand out or try throw himself upside down when he is unsupervised hardly.
Thus, parents should ensure the safety measures. Next, a firm tray must be in want list too. just because it is so necessary to keep the surrounding clean and to avoid any food disaster.
Last but not the least, look for high chairs which can bear more of weight which may be used for at least for 5 years old or more kids.